Tuesday, March 30

Elders, oh Elders

Even when they are miles away, they still find ways to make me smile, cry, and build up hope.


While in the Cocoa Bean today, my phone goes off. A text message! [imagine Chelsie saying that]. It was from my old missionary, "Elder" Seppi. He words his text quite carefully and what I see is "Guess who I just talked to". As I read that, my mind started racing. "Seppi... Seppi... who would Seppi talk to that would be significant enough to sacrifice a text message..." And then I stop dead in my tracks [thoughts], strike a pose with my knees slightly bent, mouth wide open in the form of a smile, eyes wider than the moon and stare directly at Whitney. Guess who it was?


... DJ.


Apparently, Seppi is now going to hang out with DJ on Deej's P-day and apparently Deej told Seppi that I need to write him. Whoops. Sorry, Deej! I'm working on it. Oh, it made my day. Less than 5 months until my brother comes home. He'll continue with his passion of missionary work back in Oregon then.


Then, earlier today, I heard from my other missionary friend. I had a hard weekend. Actually, I had had a hard week. Things were a lot for me emotionally, and it wasn't school or friends believe it or not. I sent him not necessarily a heavy email at all, but with a lot of personal thoughts. I had a lot to say, to tell, and to release. I got his reply today right before New Testament. I had 10 minutes to read his emails, walk to the Taylor, and try to not be late for class. When I opened it, the first line was as follows:


"I think that was the longest e-mail I have ever read..."

Hehe, sorry. Then, he sent me words, phrases, testimonies, spirits that I can't describe. I was just blown away.  The reason it was so shocking to me was because the past few months have been rocky as far as adjusting, for both him and me. 


"... the bigger the trial, the bigger the reward in the end ... ... bear your testimony often, not always as words but by action, let them see you read your scriptures, listen to uplifting music, let them see you go to church, etc. Your example can often be the best testimony... ...you are so strong; keep the faith you have and build upon it. Read Ether 12:27 often and remember that it is only after a trial of your faith that a testimony is borne (Ether 12:6). Read the scriptures often and remember what you told me so many months ago, if you want to talk to God pray; if you want Him to talk to you read your scriptures... ... rely on the lord ... that their fears may be lost. ... ... I have seen His hand already so much in my life. He is so wonderful and He loves every single one of us. ... ...[speaking of MY family here next] I love them and I have never even met them... ... I guess you really start to love people as you pray for them."

Thank you, Casey, for being so in tune with the spirit that you're able to send the words I needed to hear. Thank you for being my inspiration and my best friend. I'm pulling for you always.

And to top it all off, FHE was a lot of fun tonight. The boys are goofs, but they have hearts of gold.

No comments: