Thursday, April 1

Memory Lane. *insert smiley face here*

Memory lane can be rough sometimes, but tonight I laughed at myself. I laughed at how uncontrolled I was with my thoughts. And I laughed because I fell in love with what I wrote so long ago. Not much had changed!

Before I go on, let me explain. I like to think I'm a writer. I write here on my blog, I write in a journal, and I write randomly in various notebooks, mainly little poems/song lyrics and my life aspirations. While procrastinating my last paper of the school semester tonight, I pulled open one of my plastic drawers and found two notebooks. One I didn't recognize and one had all these love lyrics in it. Get this, I wrote these!

"Sunflower eyes, you've saved me
You've saved me from the unknown
The world has even labeled you
But now your cover has blown"

I thought this verse was kind of cheesy. I had always referred to Casey as "Sunflower Eyes" and I had always thought he was so misunderstood by a decent amount of people because he gave his all to people, and yet he didn't get a lot back. Check out this next verse:

"Beauty in its purest form
Walks along side me today
I sing to you now and forever
Please don't ever walk away"

I thought he had the most beautiful soul and I loved singing to him. Luckily he enjoyed it, but I never let him convince me of performing. This next line almost made me cry while my face had broken out in a smile:

"I'm a dreamer and you're my dream"

I wrote that! I thought that was so creative and fun.

"Forever hand and hand
I glance up your way
I see twilight over the horizon
The day is clear with paths and valleys
Mountains and hills, rosebuds and lilies
But one lone flower represents that land
You're my sunflower eyed love and friend"

In these lines, I tried to give a metaphor of how I viewed him. While he is taller than me, I've always looked up to him for support and advice to keep moving forward. Twilight has always been one of my favorite times of the day and the fact that the day is clear describes how comfortable I feel around him. Paths and valleys, mountains and hills, rosebuds and lilies; all of them have meaning but it also gives you an idea of how busy he's been and of the choices [valleys and paths], trials [mountains and hills], and beautiful mind [rosebuds and lilies] he possesses.

I don't know, I just found those and I wrote those about 9 months ago. It fascinating to see who you were times ago and to compare with how to write now.

AND LOOK WHAT ELSE I FOUND?!


This was a drawing that Elder Reed drew for me when teaching me about the Gospel of Jesus Christ back right after I was baptized. Oh, so many good memories.

Memory lane, I love you.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" -Dr. Seuss

No comments: