Sunday, August 1

Nursing the Blueberry


I drive one of these... only not as shiny.

Ever since I got my permit, I've been driving the family's Subaru Forester. I took my driver's test in it, I drove it to high school every day, I took it on road trips, and even when I took a different car out to school my sophomore year, I would still come home and drive this Subaru for the whole trip. And now, my beloved little Blueberry will come back out to school with me this fall.


However, it sure has been an adventure. After returning home from school back in April, I have been driving the Blueberry to save on gas. It gets around great; we took it to the coast a few times and I've gone all around the area. It's always been a reliable car and has never had any engine trouble. However, either Heavenly Father is testing me or getting me ready for the coming school year with this car. These are the things we have had to do in order to get ready for the long trips ahead:

Brand new tires on all 4 wheels
Replace the right leg of the car
Re-align the wheels and steering wheel
Change the oil (and will have to do again before Idaho)
Fix the pulsating brakes

On top of those, these are the things we still need to do:

Replace the entire front windshield
Fix the front and rear window sprayers
Clean out the car (vacuum, power wash mats, clean windows, etc)
Clean the outside of the car (I put it off until I leave because we live on a gravel road)
And of course, continuously fill up the fuel tank

All of this just to make it a safe little car once again. I won't go into all the scrapes and bruises it has on it's paint job and the dents in the hood. I can survive with those.


Sigh... good thing I love you, little car. I hope you handle the Rexburg winter well.

No comments: