Saturday, November 10

Don't Disappoint

@ the Kansas City Missouri LDS Temple, Aug. 2012
My wave of departing missionaries.
Another wave of missionaries are being released from the MIM this week. One or two have already shown up on facebook. Others I'm still trying to get a hold of.

My heart kind of ached when I saw those pictures. I miss being apart of something so great. I miss having heaven's help with something eternal. I miss the relationships that I found and built there. One of my great friends and recent converts from the mission recently contacted me and said she was thinking about me. Many others from that part of the country have shown me that love. My heart melted.

But then, my mind wondered to this one show I enjoy watching from time to time. I watched a few episodes of it last night just to wind down from a crazy week. Two episodes had something jump out at me and they were related. One line said this:

You have greatness within you. Don't disappoint.

"You will be the greatest surgeon of your generation. I knew that the moment I saw you."


I may not be an aspiring surgeon, but I am an aspiring veterinary technician. I realized I have sinned in the fact that I could be doing much more to strive to be the best I can and to reach the potential in me. Simply because I am a daughter of God and have the power to accomplish great things. Not just in my career choice, but as a student. A friend. A family member. A member of the LDS faith. A community member. A United States citizen.

Next time you think you don't measure up, repeat that line. And believe it. Let us rise to this great expectation and show the world what we have to offer. "Hold up your light that it may shine unto the world" (3 Nephi 18:24).

I hope you believe that. I hope you know it. It's okay to forget. We are human. But never give up. Never walk away from something you are gifted for. Success is getting up each time we fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i found your blog!!! I love you sister moore, VICKI. Right there with ya. love you and you are amazing!!