Sunday, October 14

Healthy living?

To me, life is about beauty and discovering the beauty that lies within all of us as the human family. I choose not to spend time on things where I can't see that beauty.

Being home from being a missionary has opened my eyes to many things. One: people are not going to hell because they live a certain way right now. Two: Faith, hope, and charity will really get you through anything. And three: Life is beautiful. Not to mention countless others.

Currently, minutes before walking onto campus to catch my student ward, we were asked to tag teach teach the Word of Wisdom to the Relief Society. I am filled with gratitude for such an opportunity! There are the normal scriptures that everyone pulls out in D&C 89. What about D&C 93? About receiving truth and light through obedience to the commandments? Or Mosiah 2:41, where we are blessed in all things, both temporally and spiritually as we keep the commandments of God? Or D&C 88:124 about getting enough rest? We just did a project in my religion class on this very commandment. I know that it is a commandment from God. When you take care of what you have, it lasts longer and you just feel so much better! I gain confidence in healthy eating, enough sleep, and regular exercise. And then we must remember why we do these things...

D&C 29:34 - Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your father, whom I created.

Do things to make your spirit happy, not simply just your body.

Anyway, I've discovered I need to enrich my spirit more. Writing helps in that process. So.... I'm back!

No comments: